Matt & Rachel Woods
Aitape West, Sandaun Province (West Sepik),
Papua New Guinea
Annie (1) - Also Expecting!
Matthew's Birthday: May 7th
Rachel's Birthday: April 11th
Matt & Rachel's Story:
Matthew and Rachel felt the Lords leading to missions early on in their relationship. Shortly before they were married, they were told of Wycliffe Bible Translators, and later of Papua New Guinea. As they began praying about where the Lord would have them serve, Papua New Guinea came up in many conversations, news articles, and even in a movie. The Lord was giving Matthew and Rachel a passion for the people of Papua New Guinea. They started serving with Wycliffe in January of 2011, and in August of 2011 they moved to Dallas, TX to receive linguistic training before heading to Papua New Guinea in October of 2012. While there, their daughter Annie was born during a 3 month stay in
Australia, then Matthew, Rachel and Annie settled in to life in Papua New Guinea, and began working with the Aitape West Translation project.
- Pray for a refreshing and profitable time while in the U.S. connecting with family and partners, as well as receiving more linguistic training.
- Pray that the rest of Rachel's pregnancy goes smoothly, and that baby is healthy.
- Pray that the Lord would provide the needed partnerships for them to be able to go back to Papua New Guinea in August of 2015.
Ways to Support/Needs:
- Additional financial support in monthly partnerships
- A family car while on Home Assignment (August 2014 - July/August 2015)
- One-time gifts for training costs at GIAL
- Funds to purchase a new computer that will greatly help in the translation process.
Ways to Connect:
- Currently on Home Assignment: 10536 Swerling Way, Raleigh, NC 27614
- When on Assignment: PO Box 297, Ukarumpa, EHP 444, Papua New Guinea
Twitter Name: @woodsyfamily4png
Facebook Page: The Woods' Walkabout - Bringing Papua New Guinea God's Word
Newsletter Opt-In: https://www.wycliffe.org/partner/674424