In early 2012 I had the privilege of meeting with a group of national pastors in the Kamba region of Kenya. Pastor Charles invited me to meet the other Baptist pastors in this region and to consider working alongside them to provide additional pastoral training for their area.
In September of that year we offered our first Pastor’s School. While teaching in this school, I had the opportunity to meet Sha’ Givens, an African American woman from Los Angeles. She had founded a high school for abused girls, I can Fly High School.
We formed a partnership with Sha’ and in the years that have followed we have assisted them in a number of ways.
- We have taught at the school.
- We have provided lab equipment for their science labs.
- We have outfitted their kitchen and dining hall.
- We have sponsored 15 new girls that have come to the school.
- We have introduced the school to other American churches.
The Lord is using Sha' to change the lives of many as she chose to step forward in faith - where is God calling you?