Taylor & Ashley Hemphill
The Rift Valley Academy in Kijabe, Kenya
Max, Phoebe, Leo, Charlotte, and Milo
Taylor's Birthday: April 8th
Ashley's Birthday: December 28th
Max's Birthday: May 20th
Phoebe's Birthday: April 26th
Leo's Birthday: November 9th
Charlotte's Birthday: June 20th
Milo's Birthday: February 28th
Taylor & Ashley's Anniversary: July 1sth
Taylor & ashley's Story:
We (Taylor & Ashley) went together to Kenya in September 2010 on the Bay Leaf Mission trip. That experience really opened our eyes and our hearts to missions, specifically in Africa. We were introduced to Africa Inland Mission (AIM) through another Bay Leaf family, the Gessners, who served at the Kijabe Hospital in Kenya from 2012 to 2014.
After inquiring of ways our family could potentially serve with AIM, they expressed the need for accountants (of which Taylor is) on the mission field, specifically at the AIM-affiliated Rift Valley Academy (RVA). RVA is an american-accredited international boarding school, located in Kijabe, Kenya, which serves primarily to educate the children of missionary families serving throughout Africa. The school presents families serving with AIM and other missionary organizations in Africa, an option in educating their children. The RVA staff is comprised of approximately 100 missionaries serving in various capacities including teachers, administrators, and dorm parents. After much prayer, we began to pursue serving with AIM at RVA in the summer of 2013. Through the prayer and support of many faithful people, the Hemphill family departed for Kenya on July 10, 2014. Taylor serves in the RVA Business Office and our family ministers and supports the needs of many missionary children living away from their families.
- That the Gospel of Jesus Christ would be made known amongst all African peoples including many unreached people groups.
- That God would be glorified as we strive to serve him at RVA.
- For RVA students as they live away from their families.
- For relationships made with RVA students and staff, as well as Kenyan nationals living in Kijabe.
- Safety and protection in Kenya.
- That God would draw our family closer together through this experience.
Ways to Support/Needs:
- Prayer and financial giving are the 2 biggest ways to support.
Ways to Connect:
Address: Rift Valley Academy, Attention: Taylor & Ashley Hemphill, P.O. Box 80, Kijabe, Kenya 00220
Newsletter Opt-In: If you'd like to receive our quarterly newsletter, please send us an email and we'll make sure to include you.